The first conference "Ecological/Earth-Based Arts Therapies: International and Multi-Cultural Perspectives" (August 8-9, 2020)
The rapid development of the environmental, Earth-based approach in arts therapies, in close connection with the environmental movement, ecotherapy, ecopsychology, environmental education, and green art has prompted us to organize this conference.
The conference is planned as a forum of innovative creative / expressive arts therapy practices based on the ideas and values of the environmental movement, ecopsychology and deep ecology, and aims to contribute to human health in its connection to environmental well-being. The conference will highlight the ecopoietic nature of human beings, their ability to shape the world in order to fulfill their needs and take care of the environment with an aim to see and create beauty.
The main topics of the conference will be as follows:
- Ecopsychology, deep ecology and ecological, Earth-based arts therapies.
- The impact of the environmental movement on the development of the arts therapies.
- Social justice in ecological arts therapies.
- Contemporary arts therapies and environmental aesthetics, environmental art and eco-art.
- Eastern and Western cultural traditions and their perspectives on environmental issues.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies in medicine, education, and society.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies with children and adolescents.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies with families and communities.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies and perinatal psychology.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies and geriatric psychology - working with the elderly.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies and stress-related, post-traumatic disorders.
- Ecological, Earth-based arts therapies in the treatment and prevention of somatic diseases and psychosomatic disorders.
- Ecological foundations of traditional cultures and healing/shamanic practices.
- The use of environmental arts therapies and arts pedagogy for environmental education and the development of environmental awareness.
- Environmental arts therapies and ecopsychology, the psychology of environmental consciousness.
- Environmental art therapy, music therapy, drama therapy, dance & movement therapy, expressive arts therapy, and creative/therapeutic writing.
- Digital technologies and media (photography, video, etc.) in the practice of environmental arts therapies.
- Climate change and its impact on arts therapies practices.
- COVID-19 and its impact on the human and natural world.
- Integration of arts therapies and animal-assisted therapy, horticultural therapy and other forms of ecotherapy.
- Zero and reduced waste art therapy.
- The therapeutic environment in ecological arts therapies; new concepts and models of the therapeutic environment.
The conference includes keynote presentations, seminars and workshops.
Languages of the conference: Russian and English
Organizers and partners of the conference:
- The National Association for the Development of Art Therapy Science and Practice "Art Therapy Association" (Russian Federation)
- “Ecopoiesis: Eco-Human Theory and Practice,” web-based journal
- The Laboratory of Ecopsychology of Development and Psychodidactics, The Psychological Institute of the Russian Academy of Education (Moscow)
- The European Graduate School (Switzerland)
- Pratt Institute, Creative Arts Therapy Department (New York)
- The California College of the Arts, The Architectural Ecologies Lab (San Francisco)
- Ecologia Youth Trust (Scotland)
- International School of Art Therapy (Moscow)
Read more http://ecoarttherapyeng.tilda.ws/main